Savory Steak Trifle
1 London Broil
2 oz Auntie Arwen’s Royal Steak Rub
1 Bag Yellow Rice (16 oz)
2 cups Water
2 tablespoons Butter
1 Bag Frozen Corn (I would have used canned, but didn’t have it)
1 can Black Beans
- Set 2 Cups of water on to boil and put 2 Tbs of butter into the water. When water boils, put in yellow rice for 20 – 22 minutes.
- Heat the Grill Pan for five minutes
- Coat the steak in Auntie Arwen’s Royal Steak Rub (or a rub of your choice)
- Grill the steak for 3 min and 30 seconds per side for a one inch steak to come out medium well. When done, put steak aside to rest
- Cook corn.
- Layer (from bottom up): Rice, Beans, Corn, Steak & Cheese. Use half of the ingredients for the first layer grouping and the second half for the next. Push ingredients towards the sides.
- 1 1/2 pkg (8 oz or 235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest (optional)
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Unroll crescent dough into 3 long strips. Arrange dough on cooking stone, pinching seams together to seal. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture over top crust.
- Slice strawberries and bananas
- To assemble, arrange blueberries in a square in upper left corner to represent stars. Make alternating rows of strawberries and bananas to represent stripes. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill up to 6 hours.Yield:
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 2 g